Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Modest Old Navy Oxford Tunic




Purchase the Old Navy Shirt Dress here


We recently ran in to this long Oxford dress/top at Old Navy. Apparently it is a dress, but for all us Muslim women it is a long tunic :-)

I purchased both the light orange and the light blue. The sleeves unfold to full length. You can either wear a white turtleneck inside and leave the sleeves 3/4 length, or unfold the sleeves to wear it as a full sleeved shirt. The shirt buttons down half way (right below the chest to be exact). This shirt is a "straight cut" tunic that hits right above the knee (well for me since I'm 5 ft 4 inches). If you're taller, it will be about 3 inches above the knee. There are no side slits. This could be both good and bad. The pro is that it's completely one long tunic providing more modesty, the con is that because there are no side slits, if you are a bit chunky in your mid section, the tunic fits tight. I am a size 8/10 so I fit perfectly in to a size medium. But I must say, I am not extremely flat in the waist area and it looks a bit odd when I sit down and the top gathers. I happened to take a picture on the plane wearing this shirt while sitting, oh my, won't do that again :-) I guess I'll just stick to standing in this shirt. :-)

Here is what the shirts look like up close. Sorry about the wrinkles. They are straight from the store and I couldn't find an "iron out the wrinkles on the shirt in the photo" app. If such an app exists, make sure to holler. Lol! 





I know I will be wearing both of these shirts over the summer. I like to wear them with a pair of jeans, or white pants depending on where I'm going. I can see myself traveling in this shirt, going out in the city, running errands. Yup. Wait till I post photos on Instagram. I can practically live in this shirt. It's very comfortable, modest and looks stylish. The price is well, excellent for a shirt this long.

Since sharing is caring, hop on over to your local Old Navy or purchase it online. They have 20% off online coupon that expires March 27th! Oh also, if you are quite tall, I think you can also order a tall size. Just check the measurements online. (Sorry the designer is obsessed about exact measurements and fit, as if you couldn't tell already) 

You know you lo-ve me! ;-)

Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

No comments:

Post a Comment