Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wedding Wear: Hijabi Style

I recently attended an old friend's wedding in Dallas.  As hijabis, we often struggle with what to wear to a wedding.  Here's what I put together.  Maybe you'll be inspired...

I snagged this gorgeous Tadashi Shoji ruffle skirt at Nordstrom rack for quite a bargain.  Under $60 for an almost $400 (and oh-so-fabulous!) skirt is a bargain in my eyes.  I paired this with BCBG Maxazria peep-toe platforms that I already had in my closet.



Next I found this gorgeous light pink satin-silk top at Forever 21.  Who would've guessed?!  I also added a large rhinestone embellished brooch for some extra pizzazz.

 
Then I added this rockin' ring-inspired clutch.

 
 
Check out the details.  Punk rock chic.  Wouldn't you agree?
 
 



Put it all together, and VOILA!  This is what you get.

 
 
Add a cute little boy for some fun and interesting conversation. 
 
 

And call it a night.



Nazreen Hassan for HijabiTopia



2 comments:

  1. Wow that`s an amazing outfit!
    The skirt is so pretty.

    XO Arezu

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked stunning! Mashallah!!! Love the skirt and the clutch!

    ReplyDelete