Yes, there are some crazy things going on with the weather this year. I observed a drop from 70 degrees to mid 30s the very next day in the greater Chicago area. So how do I keep warm with hydrated skin?
Other than the obvious coat, boots, and leg warmers, there are a few thing I believe must always be in your purse and that I personally always have in my purse.
- Pashmina Scarf: I always have a pashmina of some sort in my purse to wrap around my neck (in addition to my hijab) when it gets a little extra chilly. Because I do a lot of walking, it tends to get a little warm after a bit so having an extra scarf in my purse allows me to take control of my body temperature. Also, a bright pashmina is a good way to add a little color to your winter outfit.
- Gloves: Personally, I enjoy a unique pair of gloves. Leather gloves will go with any outfit and are very elegant. A little fur trim won't do you wrong either :) If you're carrying a few bags around in the city, having a pair of gloves in your purse would not be such a bad idea.
- Hand lotion: Ladies, keep that skin soft and silky smooth. The cold will push your skin to scream for hydration. Over the years, I've tried a bunch of moisturizers and I've been with Nivea Soft for quite some time now. They even have a small cute size to fit in your purse :) how convenient!
- Lip Balm: Now don't go caring for your skin and forgetting your lips. Dried dehydrated lips means you biting on them because the peeling bothers you and this means a pair of bleeding lips. Keeping lip balm on at ALL times is a good way to keep your lips hydrated. Cute packaging is a plus for EOS Lip Balm
- Vaseline Lip Therapy: If your lips start cracking, then pull out your Vaseline lip therapy for instant relief.
Those up north, stay warm and those down south, enjoy the 60 degree weather...siggghhhhh