Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Hijab 2012








It's so exciting to watch hijabis compete in the 2012 London Olympics. As the world tunes in to watch different sports, they see a more positive and true image of hijabis. Whether they win the competition or not does not matter, what matters is that they show a strong presence and send a powerful message that unlike what the media portrays Muslim women are far from being oppressed.



Maryam Arzouqi
Kuwait
Does she look oppressed to you? I think NOT. :-)

Palestinian runner
Swalha
This girl can kick major asphalt. Hijabi Power!!!

Although there aren't any hijabis competing, my favorite sport to watch has been the Equestrian sports. Ever since I was little I wanted to be an equestrienne. On and off I dreamt about being the first hijabi equestrienne. I still dream about it, but I know that it's just a dream. I love horses and enjoy horse back riding. I could spend the whole day at a ranch riding and caring for horses. Another reason I love horse back riding is because it's sunnah. Every time I get on a horse, I'm reminded of our Prophet (P.B.U.H.). I wonder what kind of horses he rode, and how difficult it must have been to fight on horse back etc.

I hope and pray that we will inshallah see a hijabi equestrienne competing in the Olympics one day, even if it won't be me. LOL!

Here is a great video we recently saw and wanted to share.



Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

9 comments:

  1. Assalamu Alaykum MashaAllah I wish you a blessed Ramadan :)
    http://scatteredpearls-blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I and my sisters were watching opening ceremony from TV, that time was sahoor time in my country, everytime hijab's girls shown off, we were surprised, "Ah that girl in hijab, ah that girl too, hey they are too"

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't it wonderful to see so many hijabis!!! More power to them mashallah!

      Delete
    2. I live in a province where almost all girls wear hijab.
      It's more surprising me because it's an international event. I'm so proud of them :)

      Delete