Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

70lbs Stronger

Red and Yellow Kettle Bells,
Brown Bulgarian Bag
at Browne Stone Fitness

I've been wanting to keep all of you posted on my boot camp work outs ever since my previous post. 

Since I enjoy working out, writing, and full time designing, I haven't been able to sit down and write a long post. But most of you who follow me on facebook and twitter, already get my updates on my extremely hard, yet fun work outs.

I share my updates with all of you because most of you have informed me that my boot camp diaries inspire you to work out, and live a healthier life.

I'm a believer in the fact that there is nothing more important in this life than YOU and your health. If we don't take care of ourselves as women and focus on our well being, then who will? I work out because that is the only time in my life when it's all about ME. At boot camp, I'm not a designer, I'm not a mom, I'm not a wife, I'm not a daughter, or a sister. I'm just me. It's almost like I push the freeze button on my life.

Boot camp is one of the hardest things I've ever done in my whole life physically. There are times I want to give up, to throw up, and other times I feel like I might pass out. But throughout the whole time, I'm happy. I'm happy because I'm stronger, I have more endurance, I'm healthier. Because I'm happy, I'm a better mom, a better wife, and a productive designer.

Since my first boot camp in October 2011, I can proudly say, "I've come a long way, baby". :-)

Today was a turning point for me personally. At boot camp we use kettle bell weights to do various exercises, one of which is the Dead Lift. Over time, we slowly go up with the weights. I remember back in January of 2012 when I started out forcing myself to lift a 16lb. kettle bell. It seemed so hard. But slowly, with the help of my wonderful instructors, the kettle bell started to feel like a basketball.

This morning as part of our morning circuit, I did Dead Lifts with the 70lb kettle bell. :-) That was only one of the circuits in my work out. But you know what, it made me so happy. I felt like Popeye the Sailor man with the huge strong muscles. Spinach anyone? :-)

My 70lb kettle bell which is approximately 32 kilograms

Take a deep breath Elif, ready, set, Lift!!!



I know, I make it look really easy :-) But just think, 70lbs weighs as much as an overweight hard case suitcase or an average 12 year old. Now think again. ;-)
Most of my friends have already started joining boot camp, or working out in the cities where they live, because I can not stop talking about what a blessing it is. Several of them already have the Browne Stone fitness boot camp dvd. My daughter also tried out kiddie boot camp with her friends, and loved it!


My daughter Janna and her friends at Kiddie Boot Camp with instructors Yaromil, and Hans
If you live in NYC, I strongly urge you to try a session with my wonderful instructors at Browne Stone Fitness.

If you live in another city, or on the other side of the world, please make an effort to take care of yourself. Because there is nothing in this life that's more important then a healthier You!

If you'd like to try out one of their work outs, you can order their work out video, or watch their you tube videos. It's only one click away :-)

http://brownstonefitness.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BrownstoneFitness

Elif Kavakci (aka Iron Woman ;-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment