Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Snow White

Dear HijabiTopia Friends,

I wanted to share a cute story with you.  Ever since I arrived in Dallas, the Texas heat has me meltinggg....Well, almost. The temperature has been between 105 degrees to 115 degrees Farenheit! Everytime I step outside, I think, "Elhamdulillah, I wear hijab, otherwise heat may just go through my head and make me faint."  But, this is not the story.


The funny story begins when my friend and I decided to do some shopping at the mall. As I was looking at  some of the clothes I glance at the entrance and I see two parents and their daughter walk in. I continue to look around the store. But then, I notice this little girl (probably around the age 4 or 5) run in my direction. Puzzled, I look around me to  see who she is running toward.  I look around, see no one else nearby, and realize she's heading toward me!   She stopped just one foot short of me, stopped to catch her breath, looked up, pointed at me, and said, "I KNOW YOU!" Before I could respond she continued, "I KNOW YOU, I SAW YOU IN THE MOVIE. YOU'RE SNOW-WHITE!" My surprised expression immediately turns to a big smile and in a flattered way I say, "Really? Do I look like Snow White?" And the little girl in a very assured tone said, "YES, YOU ARE SNOW WHITE! YOU'RE WEARING THE SAME THING IN THE MOVIE (pointing at my white hijab)






I recounted two blessings that day. One is that I love wearing hijab because it is a duty to ALLAH. Secondly, thank God for little kids that are so innocent, sweet and imaginative :) 


Wishing you all a blessed Ramadan that is very near. May ALLAH grant everyone the best rewards in this world and in the hereafter. Salaams!


Fatima for HijabiTopia  

3 comments:

  1. Masha'Allah it really goes to show that children truly are beautiful and pure and innocent. Great story and early Ramadan Mubarak as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How kyoot! Ramadan Mubarak to you as well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet story, at the end, I was about to cry..

    ReplyDelete