Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Ridin' in Style!

Hi everyone!
It's been a long and harsh winter up here in NYC! It snowed on April fools day, and has been mostly around 30 degrees Fahrenheit this month! But today we finally got some beautiful weather!

Growing up in Dallas, I'm so used to waking up to the bright sunshine early in the morning, and enjoying the warmth of the sun in my bones ;-). It's been difficult and might I add, awfully depressing trying to go from sunny TEXAS to gloomy New York.

Since I love being outside, and I'm absolutely crazy about horseback riding, I've been having horseback riding withdrawal :-) I could spend the whole day everyday for the rest of my life in a barn with horses and not get bored!



There is something about these beautiful creatures that makes me feel at peace. There is also a spirituality to it. When I'm around horses, I always think about our beloved Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) and his companions who managed to ride on horseback for long hours, keep their balance while fighting a battle with heavy war gear including a sword etc. I think about the prayer/dua that he used to recite every time he got on horseback. I also think about and wonder how "Buraq" the horse that took the Prophet to the sky, looked like.

When I'm on horseback, trotting or cantering, I literally feel like I'm flying in the air. Just being in rhythm with the horse and going in great speeds is an indescribable feeling.

By the way, as most of you know, I am proudly the first designer in the world to have designed an Islamic Equestrienne outfit! In case you're a hijabi equestrienne and are looking for something :-)

So in honor of my love for horseback riding, here is a look I put together! (Not the one I designed) I will post my design soon :-)


Ridin' in Style 




Note: The models were dressed in a computer program where hijab options are limited. Unfortunately, this program does not carry our designer comfijab. We realize some of her neck/ears and hair is showing. Please don't think that we are trying to make everyone show their neck, or dress in a certain way. Make your own decisions wisely!
 
Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elif, I love your posts and I love your sister! :)
    Although my blog isn't about religion, and although I don't care for the ban of blogger in Turkey, I posted on the subject matter. The post is a mish-mash of this and that but please do pay a visit and make suggestions if you will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! Thank you so much! Love your blog. Beautiful wording and pictures. Thanks for joining us dear! :-)

    ReplyDelete