Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Who Am I???

Meet Shabnam Amini

She's a junior in high school studying communications/broadcasting.


Shabnam decided to make a video about being an American Muslim for her class project. After completion, she sent her video to CNN iReport and guess what? It recently made the front page!!!




Here is what Shabnam says about her video,

"My 30-second video is about how people judge other people just by how they look, skin color, race, or religion. People don't really get to know a person before judging them. In this world we live by stereotypes and I am trying to get the message out that stereotypes are usually wrong. I based it on my own point of view, because I am an American Muslim and people judge me when they look at me because I wear a scarf on my head, and they automatically come to conclusions. I want to show people, us girls with scarves on our head, are just like everyone else."

Well Done Shabnam!!!





To see any of Shabnam's other projects you can visit her youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/shabnamamini

You can also follow her on twitter http://twitter.com/#!/ShabnamAmini

No comments:

Post a Comment