Pages

Monday, January 31, 2011

Mirror mirror on the wall...

Who is the most righteous of them all?


I've done a couple of posts about friendship already, which means you know my take on friendship. CLICK

I strongly believe that our close friends are like invisible compasses that navigate our lives.

If your closest friends are not an exact mirror image of you, and I mean exact, then I strongly urge you to rethink your friendships.

It's that simple!

If you are having concerns about your hijab, or your daily Islamic lifestyle, just analyze your environment. If your friends don't have the same goal, or the same kind of outlook on life and they are affecting your Islamic lifestyle, I say it is time to make a huge change!

Having said that, you know this blog is about beautiful friendships. Alhamdulillah, I've been blessed with lots of wonderful mirror images of myself. I'm proud to see myself in my friends.

One of my good friends whom I'm very proud of is Nicole.

We've already told you Nicole's path into Islam (CLICK).
As a close friend of Nicole's I've heard her story over and over and over again. And each time I hear it, read it, or watch it, I learn something new and always think WOW!

It really takes a well guided person to take their life from one extreme and turn it around to another good extreme and in the process let go of everyone and everything that she was once close to.

Nicole always says when she first learned about Islam, to her it was so simple because it was like Black and White. Once she made her decision, then she started cleansing her whole life, and purifying it.
Her moto was "all things in the name of God". She made new friends who were on the same righteous path as herself. She redefined her photography business to now fit within the lens of Islam.

Nicole's story is always so inspirational. Her life, and her conversion into Islam is written in detail on her new site.

What I also love about Nicole's story is the Islamic Fairytale romance! She fell in love and got married and is living a hijabi fairytale.

You can read her story at http://nicolequeen.com/about/.

Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

1 comment:

  1. Allah grants many gifts to those who turn to Him in repentance, one of the greatest gifts He bestowed upon me was meeting a friend like you, Elif. Friends like you and Nazreen are like gold and have helped to keep my eyes focused on the straight path and loving life! - NQ

    ReplyDelete