Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

SoHo, Dali & Powerful Female Writers


Inside William Bennett Gallery
Photo courtesy of Vica Miller Salons


The other night, I had an amazing time in Manhattan.
First of all, if you think Manhattan is a beautiful city, at night it's absolutely magical!
Driving down 9A South by Hudson River, you get such a magnificent view of the water, the lights, and sky rises that.

I attended an exclusive (invitation only) event at the Vica Miller Salon. Vica Miller, the Senior VP of Corporate Communications at DataArt, as well as an accomplished writer, hosted the event.


Vica Miller
Photo courtesy of Vica Miller Salons


The event was in SoHo (oh so hot!) at the William Bennett Museum (oh so top!). And to top it all off, creme de la creme- the art of Dali was on exhibition!
Wait! It gets better. Since this was an event held by a Writing Salon, I got to listen to excerpts from the most powerful female writers in the city!


Photo courtesy of Vica Miller Salons


OH SO DAZZLING!


Everyone there was dressed so beautiful! Vica Miller, in her adorable little black dress. A chiffon pleated empire waist dress, that had frills at the skirt. She wore her pearl necklace to give this youthful dress a more mature look. Stunning as always!



Vica Miller
Photo courtesy of Vica Miller Salons





Mrs. Miller and Mr. Miller
Check out Vica's dress. She gives the "little black dress" a new meaning!

I also ran into this other beautiful lady who looked like she just landed from Paris. She had her hair up in a bun, and wore a long shawl, poncho/jacket style knit top, over a dress. She made her top look more finished with a belt. She also had a gorgeous animal print scarf around her neck.  She had an over sized black ring that she wore on her right hand. Being the designer/blogger that I am, of course I had to walk over there and take a picture of her style.



Heather
 Least but not least, guess who got the most compliments of the night? MOI!

Being the only hijabi, and getting so many positive compliments, from very well dressed, smart and gorgeous women, made me feel so proud. Wouldn't you think?






Elif&Heather






Elif and The Millers
Photo courtesy of Vica Miller Salons

My Style: For those of you who are curious about my outfit: I'm wearing a black turtleneck, my comfijab satin neck piece, my KAVAKCI COUTURE design wide legged trousers, the ZARA poncho style knit jacket in camel (seen in this previous post CLICK). I completed my outfit with a Louis Vuitton off white silk scarf with red letters on it, and my favorite ivory Prada purse. I am also wearing my Marc Jacobs watch on my right wrist - a KAVAKCI trademark, and my red swatch bracelet to add a touch of color.

For more information about Vica Miller Salons please visit

http://www.vicamillersalons.com/

You can also follow Vica Miller Salons on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/pages/-Vica-Miller-Literary-Salons/269353181133


 Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

2 comments:

  1. Wow! All the ladies look beautiful. Elif you have such great style!

    Lina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elif....I love your BIG smile :-)

    ReplyDelete