Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TREND ALERT: CAN YOU ROCK THIS TREND?

I've got a few exciting trends to share with you all today! I was out- and-about in Manhattan shopping and ran into the most amazing jewelry pieces. The rocker punk in me (yes there is one- don't we all have one?:-) went crazy over the accessories. I wanted to buy and wear every single piece, but since that's not possible, I had to pick and choose my favorites.

This season anything ROCK, PUNK or, BULLETIFIED is IN:

According to Jeremy Gutsche, the editor of Trend Hunter Magazine, "Anything macho has extra appeal right now. Adding a little shock or aggression to fashion makes things that much more interesting".

I personally love the idea of adding something macho to my feminine jewels. Definitely gives it more power!

If you are a huge trend follower and would like to rock your block as a Hijabi, go ahead and pick your favorite!

ROCK ROYALTY


BCBG Fligree Joint Ring

BCBG Layered Rhinestone Pave Ring

METROPARK Knuckle Ring
BCBG Knuckle Ring Trio
Lucky Beaded Leather Cuff

Studed Leather Bracelet


PUNK ELITIST

BCBG Pyramid Spike Bracelet



Faux Leather Goldtone Spike Bracelet

Large Scaled Cuff

METROPARK Razor Acrylic Bib Necklace


Pamela Love Jewelry

Rachel Roy Spike Strech Bracelet


BULLETIFY ME


Bullet Bracelet Collection

Karla Fox Collection - Bullet Bracelet

Julie Teeples Bullet Bauble
Amethyst Bullet Necklace made from a real 9 mm bullet shell
Esprit Mystique Bullet Jewelry




Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

3 comments:

  1. I like the layerd rhinestone pave ring. I was at Forever21 yesterday and took my camera. I'm such a fashion nut. But alas, fashion is reallya art so no shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer,

    Thanks for following us. I totally love forever 21 did you see the post I did earlier about DA RING I got at Forever 21? I also recently got bling bracelets. I'll share soon. Loved your blog and your posts. I always feel odd about taking pictures at stores. Like as if I'm going to copy something, but it makes it so much more visual. Anyway, thanks again for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the BCBG Layered Rhinestone Pave Ring and the Amethyst Bullet Necklace made from a real 9 mm bullet shell. Though I like the Amethyst necklace a bit better. Probably 'cause Amethyst is my birthstone. lol :)

    ~Zeynub

    ReplyDelete