Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My Pink Hijab Day Style!

I'm so excited! Today feels like Eid :-). It's such a wonderful feeling that around the globe, we, as hijabis will be supporting breast cancer awareness! And ladies who don't wear hijab or are not even Muslim will be wearing something pink as well. Oh wait! We have to be politically correct, let's not forget the men who will also wear something pink. How FUN!

Before I'm headed out the door to my older daughter's school to attend a meeting on diversity (perfect timing huh?), I wanted to share my outfit with you.

Today I'm proudly wearing my Pink Hijab Day t-shirt that I've purchased from their website. It's  white long sleeve with the cutest logo on it.




As an inspiration from the logo, I styled my pink scarf in a similar style.


Of course, I had to dress it up right? So, I actually rolled the sleeves of my t-shirt, since I'm wearing a white turtleneck inside. I put on my favorite BLING BANGLES from Forever 21 (I will post the link below the picture).



Now these bangles have been getting complements from every single person! I will do another post on these babies, but here is the link

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=acc%5Fbracelet&product%5Fid=1080387908&Page=3&pgcount=25

I combined my t-shirt with my trendy jeans from Nordstrom. Since I will be walking around town today, I had to wear my silver flats from Aldo. They actually have an off white bow on top! Bow-tiful right?



I decided to use my huge silver BCBG purse as well. This is an urban hand bag that can be hung across the shoulder perfect for a mom like me who is on the run and needs her hands free at all times.

And the last but not least, I added my ZARA boyfriend blazer for the cooler morning.



You like?

Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

6 comments:

  1. Laila Khan/ DallasOctober 27, 2010 at 9:23 AM

    You look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! MA- I'm wearing my pink hijab and the girls are al dressed in pink too- will send you pics soon- xoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elif I love this style it's so chic :)
    And I like the idea of the blazer over the shirt. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous. I'm going to copy your style! These last top 3 posts rock!

    ReplyDelete