Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Marc Jacobs is following the style of KAVAKCI COUTURE!!!

To be followed by Marc Jacobs --- OMG!!!

Imagine how you would feel, if your signature look as a designer was on the runway of  Marc Jacobs's Spring 2011 runway show during New York Fashion Week!!!

Words can't describe how I feel. First of all, the Hijab and Hat combo has been my signature for many years. Those of you who have known me for a long time know my signature style.

Not only is it my signature style, but it is the KAVAKCI COUTURE signature style as well. I've already done this look on the runway, at the 3 fashion shows that we did in Dallas in 2008! Can you believe I'm more fashion forward then MJ?

I know that the hat, turban, scarf looks have been used many, many times on the runway. And has gotten really close to hijabi looks. But this is the closest ever!! Whoever put the actual scarf and hat on the model, really knew how to do it the proper way! The hijabi way!

When something I wear and my clients wear on a regular basis hits the runway of a major designer that makes you wanna go yippee!!!

As an Islamic designer, it's my goal to make my clients look fashionable and guide them with their daily personal style, while staying within the Islamic requirements. However, it is every designer's goal to have their designs on the street worn by the majority. To be the first person to start a huge trend that is copied by many is what every designer wants. For years I've had people (non hijabi, non Muslims) who have stopped me on the street saying "I want to dress like that" and hijabis who have copied my style because they love it. I've been able to start many trends! My goal is to hijabitize the world. Yes modest clothes would do everyone some good!

I could go on and on, but I'm so excited, I will post pictures of my own designs and Marc Jacobs look of the runway! It's so nice to see the hijab on the run way, yes the models legs are showing and this is not an Islamic design fully. The hijab and hat combination on the other hand is.

I've got thousands of pictures of myself and my friends and clients in the hat and scarf combinations, but not to delay the post, I'm posting a few that I could get my hands on quickly.

KAVAKCI COUTURE designs:



KAVAKCI COUTURE
MODEL: RABIA RAFI
PHOTOGRAPHER: NICOLE QUEEN
www.queensimage.com





KAVAKCI COUTURE 2008
MODEL: RABIA RAFI
PHOTOGRAPHER: NICOLE QUEEN
http://www.queensimage.com/


KAVAKCI COUTURE 2008
MODEL: RABIA RAFI
PHOTOGRAPHER: NICOLE QUEEN
www.queensimage.com


NAZREEN HASSAN
@ THE HIJABITOPIA LAUNCHING PARTY
http://www.queensimage.com/





Elif and Nicole
@ THE HIJABITOPIA LUNCH






Elif


Here is the look from Marc Jacobs Spring 2011 Fashion Show in NY:

Pay close attention to how the scarf is tied! It's not hanging down, it's not tied under the chin, it's pinned exactly as a Hijabi would wear it, and it's exactly how I do my Hijab and Hat combinations.

I've always liked Marc Jacob's designs but this time I'm giving a major HATS OFF to MJ!


http://www.thesartorialist.com/

Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia





5 comments:

  1. I love your Elif and Nicoles images are just gorgeous. You have an awesome creative team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Noor. We've been getting a bit too much media coverage on this particular post! I guess that's a good thing, not sure exactly till we see what is printed on paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elif,

    Alhumduliallah...that is such a great honor..I am very happy for you :-)

    You and Nicole are inspiring me to get bold and creative with my hijabs and reorganize my wardrobe :-) lol lol. I design and sew most of my own clothes. I created a blog to share my thoughts, inspirations and soon will be posting my own designs. I have added your website KAVAKCI COUTURE to my blog http://lillielathan.blogspot.com/ favorites.

    Looking forward to seeing you in print and on the haute couture runways. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cassandra,

    Thank you. It's an honor for all the Hijabi's not just me. It's Hijab's recognition on the runway.

    I saw you on twitter, and was about to message you and tell you I love your blog! How cool! We definitely wanna see pictures. If you design and sew already, then you've got it made!

    Me too, let's go on the runway together, all of us, you think it can handle a whole klan of hijabis called HijabiTopia?

    We can definitely rock the runway. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elif,

    you are welcome. Mashallah...Yes, that is a honor to finally be recognized in the haute coture world as the Hijabi Fashionita Divas :-) lol lol.

    My blog is new and I am just playing around with some ideas..Inshalllah will be adding my first design photo, which is my wedding dress from 2002, that I designed and made. Hopefully in the coming months I will add more.

    Mashallah..that would be amazing to share the runway I love that idea..HijabiTopia rocking and ruling the runway :-) :-) lol lol.

    ReplyDelete