Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

TREND ALERT - NUDE SHOES!!!

Stuart Weitzman Avignon Peep Toe Pumps

I have a confession to make. I have been absolutely obsessed with the Nude Shoe Trend that has been popular for the last few seasons.

I've had neutral shoes in the past, colors close to camel, or light brown, and espadrilles that are off white or straw-color. But this trend is not your ordinary neutral. There is something so mesmerizing about nude patent heels, peep toes, and sandals that I just had to try it out.

Not being able to wear heels much on the streets of New York City, I've really missed it! I had to find an excuse to buy a new pair. When we had the HijabiTopia launch party, I thought, now's my perfect chance to join the nude-shoe band wagon. So I drove all over town trying to find the perfect nude heels that I could wear with different outfits. Ofcourse, I needed my best friends' immediate help. I texted Nicole and Nazreen, who happened to go by the mall. They took pictures of nude shoes that they saw at department stores. They sent pictures of several options that were available at different stores. Isn't technology amazing?

Then I finally saw the Enzo Angiolini, nude, high skinny heel peep toe sandals. They were perfect, but unfortunately they ran out of my size and I needed them asap, ordering them online was not an option.

The next day, I bumped into another pair of Steve Madden nude patent leather kitty heels. I was wanting a higher heel, but had to settle for the one I found.

I wore my nude heels with my black silk dress. There is something about applying contrast to your style. Black dress with nude heels is such a beautiful combo, it brings a freshness to the little black dress.

Nude heels are the perfect complement to bear legs, whether you wear a pencil skirt or short pants, or a short dress to an all girls party. However, they still look great on hijabified outfits. I tried the same look with my long black floor length dress, or even abayah. They definitely make an impact on your outfit.

Lately, I've enjoyed wearing them with my skinny jeans that are folded at the bottom. When you pair it with  a simple tee and skinny jeans, it adds class to your outfit, and takes it from ordinary to extra ordinary.

This is a trend that I will be following in winter as well. I've already seen nude patent leather boots, and nude suede peep toes for the upcoming fall season.

What do you think? Is this a trend you would like to try out?
Stuart Weitzman Nude Patent Leather Pumps


Here is one of my favorite runway looks with the Nude Shoe Trend...





Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia

No comments:

Post a Comment