Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

TEXAN COWGIRL

Living in Texas definitely changes you as a person. The south has its own aura about it. In the heat everyone is more relaxed, kicked back, and happier. (It might be because they are about to melt :-)

The Texas Size lifestyle where everything is bigger: bigger cars, bigger houses, bigger food portions (well, I don't know if the last one is that great?).

Today we finally got my 9 year old the cowboy boots she had been asking for. I didn't have cowboy boots when I was her age. I got my first pair a few years ago, and wondered why didn't I get a pair sooner.  The store we shopped at had such a huge selection of western wear for men, women and kids. We managed to get out of there with only one pair of boots and nothing else. Huge accomplishment I say! So in the spirit of "THE LONE STAR STATE" here is a Texan Cowgirl Hijabi Look I wanted to share with you.

Who says you can't wear anything you want and cooperate your hijab into it?




This lonely cowgirl has literally hit the road!





















Elif Kavakci for HijabiTopia


No comments:

Post a Comment